EEC-ITIS Malta Tourism and Languages Institute in San Gwann EEC-ITIS Malta Tourism and Languages Institute is a merger of two centres, formally known as Malta Tourism Institute (ITIS) and EEC Language Centre. Centrally located in San Gwann and walking distance to St. Julian’s, Sliema and Gzira, it is surrounded with shops, restaurants, three banks, money transfer facilities, stationers, post office, etc. EEC-ITIS Malta is committed to offer affordable high quality education in Languages and Tourism studies.
The Institute’s Languages Centre offers an interesting selection of different courses, the main area is English as a Foreign Language (EFL) and its Tourism Centre offers programmes in International Tourism and Hospitality Management from Certificate to BA Degree, EQF level 6. The programme can be completed in just less than 3 years including internship. The Institute is licensed by the National Commission for Further and Higher Education Malta. Certificates and Diplomas are recognised by NCFHE and EFL monitoring board. Learn more..
• General English Group Course for Adults and Juniors
• Intensive English Group Courses
• One to One / Private Lessons
• Mini-Group Lessons
• Teacher’s Homestay
• Summer Camp for Teens from 8 to 16 years old
• English for Specific Purposes
• Preparation English Course for examination that include JETSET, IELTS, TOFEL,
• English plus Practice Placement programmes
• English Trainer courses for Teacher’s of English as a foreign language
Certificates and Diplomas
A the end of the course the student is give a Certificate of Studies indicating the level achieved and a report of achievements.
EEC-ITIS course books are used at all levels that are also complemented with our well know EFL material. The Institute’s course books and material are provided to every student free of charge.
Approaches and methods for teaching a second or foreign language used at the Institute depend on the level of English in the class and the needs of the students. Generally, short term students that have some knowledge of the language would need to improve their conversation skills. Dialogue using a modern conversational style is the prime approach where the mother tongue of the student is never used or translated. Nevertheless, reading, writing and listening are very important to master the language and it goes without saying that grammar and vocabulary are also part of our lesson plan.
Social and Cultural Activities
1. Valletta (with guide)
2. Mdina/Rabat and San Anton (with guide)euro
3. Blue Grotto and Temples including entrance tickets (with guide)
1. Maltese Festa Night (no food)(May to September only)
Full-Day (no lunch except Round Malta cruise)
1. Gozo excursion without lunch (with guide
2. Round Malta day Cruise with lunch
3. Comino/Blue Lagoon by day
4. Sicily full day
5. Mdina/Rabat/Blue Grotto/Ta'Qali/San Anton
• Host Family accommodation
• Student sharing Apartment accommodation
• Student sharing Villa accommodation
• Apartment complex
Excursions and Visits
1. Beach Trips (water sports) to sandy beaches in the North of Malta
2. Aqua Park
3. Popeye Village
4. Bowling game & Swimming
1. Comino Disco Boat Party(June to August only)
2. Disco weekends for students 18 year and over
Visit the school's website Or