Fukuoka City is the largest city in Kyushu, South-Western Japan, and was a contender for the 2016 Olympic Games - a great location to learn to speak fluent Japanese. Its moderate climate, beautiful scenery and great location have made it popular with travellers worldwide. Fukuoka was ranked as the best city in Asia by Asiaweek magazine for 1997, 1999 and 2000, and picked as one of the world’s 10 boomtowns by Newsweek in 2006. Close to both mainland China and Korea, it is a link to the rest of Asia and beyond. Summers are warm, winters mild, and the people friendly. Fukuoka’s renowned cuisine and warm-hearted people will make your stay here a pleasure. In addition, Fukuoka is bursting with culture: its many art galleries, museums, and theatres will give you your fill of the Japanese arts, while the nightlife is the best on the island.
Fukuoka is also unparalleled in convenience - the international airport is 10 minutes from the city centre by subway, and it is only another 10 minutes by bus or bike to the nearest beach. You’re sure to fall in love with Fukuoka City Japan!
We are a new type of Japanese language school that focuses on the specific needs of Western learners and uses communicative and practical techniques to teach useful Japanese in interesting ways. Japanese Courses and schedules are very flexible: classes start every Monday, and run for as many weeks as you want. Prices are low, and we offer large discounts for two or more people coming to study together.
- Small class size - classes are limited to a maximum of 6 students, and usually have around 3, giving you plenty of chance to practise with the teacher.
- Practical topics - all classroom work is based on increasing your practical ability, and reinforced with practical activities outside of the classroom wherever possible.
- Relevant materials - our teachers are constantly evaluating new learning materials, and creating our own where existing materials do not satisfy us.
- Only licensed teachers - all our teachers are fully qualified and licensed by the Japanese Ministry of Education to teach Japanese as a foreign language.
- Flexible schedules - courses start every Monday year-round
- Low cost - we are in the education field because we love teaching and want to spread understanding of Japanese culture, so our courses are priced as low as we can make them.
Japanese courses range from standard conversational Japanese, to Pop Culture (study modern Japanese using current materials), to Traditional Culture (study about and experience a variety of traditional arts while learning the language) and more. Classes are small, usually 2-4 students, and all teachers are certified by the Ministry of Education in teaching Japanese as a Second Language. Japanese courses...
Our language school in Japan offers several accommodation options for international students such as homestays; dormitory, shared apartments, private apartments. More information...
Activities and Attractions
Dazaifu, the oldest Tenmangu shrine in Japan, and a beautiful way to spend a day or two
Sky Dream Fukuoka, the second largest ferris wheel in the world
Canal City, a huge and extravagantly styled shopping center
Yahoo Dome, the local baseball arena, with an amazing teractable roof
Yatai, streetside stall restaurants. Fukuoka is famous for the quality and variety of its yatai.
Uminonakamichi Seaside Park, a giant aquarium jamboree