Hokkaido Japanese Language School in Sapporo Study Japanese, enjoy Japan and make local friends! At Hokkaido JaLS, you can not only learn Japanese in a classroom, you can actually USE Japanese in real life situations.
Our school believes that alongside taught lessons, an important way to learn Japanese is to make friends and practice using language in conversation. We have small class sizes with a maximum of 6 students, which creates a warm atmosphere that is easy to learn in.
Hokkaido JaLS has 7 unique features.
1. We specialise in short-term stays. Courses start every Monday and can be taken for as little as one week.
2. All of our teachers have professional Japanese teaching licenses.
3. We offer 7 levels of classes, from beginner to advanced (with a maximum of 6 students per class).
4. We provide an attractive cultural course that includes experiences in traditional Japanese activities, art, manga, fashion etc.
5. We offer a full schedule of social activities (such as day trips, sports activities, and local experiences) which will make your stay in Japan more exciting.
6. We offer friendly and comprehensive student support in English and Japanese.
7. Hokkaido JaLS has easy city centre access and is well placed near restaurants, shopping and local attractions. Learn more..
We offer a wide range of courses which certainly arouses your interest :
- Standard Course
- Standard + Private Course
- Summer Course
- Festival Course
- Winter Course
- Traditional Culture Course
- Pop Culture Course
- Fashion Culture Course
- Travel Japanese Course
Certificates and Diplomas
No matter how long your course is, a certificate will be awarded on the day you graduate from our school.
We carefully select textbooks according to students' Japanese proficiency.
Teaching materials are all tailor-made according to class topic.
Our programs are flexible, and we can welcome students at any time of year for as little as one week.
Our programs are attentive, and offer small class sizes for the best learning experience possible. We believe practical and experiential learning is the best way to develop your language skills in a real life context!
Our programs are full of opportunities, and we can introduce you to a variety of Japanese individuals, activities and companies. We believe in practicing your Japanese regularly and with local people.
Our programs are full of choice, including accommodation options, cultural activities and elements that allow you to build your own course.
Social and Cultural Activities
Hokkaido people incredibly friendly and love to meet international students.
To increase interaction between our foreign students and local people, we often hold cultural exchange parties and events in which many people attend to enjoy music, fun, conversation, or common interests!
We also run weekly conversation classes where local Japanese people meet our students to practice natural speaking. This often results in friendships that last, even when our foreign students return to their home countries.
Hokkaido is one of the five largest cities in Japan. With low cost of living and large variety of food options, we know that you have a great time here.
We offer several accommodation options for students to choose from :
- Home stay with Japanese family
- Hostel with shared bathroom and kitchen facilities
- Hostel with private bathroomand kitchen facilities
- Weekly apartment
Above accommodations are strictly selected so as to ensure our students will have a comfortable and happy life in Hokkaido.
Excursions and Visits
Despite of the fact that Sapporo is the most populated city in Hokkaido, it takes only an hour to reach some of the most beautiful and breathtaking nature.
Staying in Sapporo allows you to enjoy activities inside city as well as further afield. We often organize different kinds of activities such as recreational tours, short trips, sports and social activities.
Visit the school's website Or